According to statistics, 99% of all social media users access apps or websites through mobile devices, which accounts for more than 75% of global video viewing. In addition, 70% of Generation Z don’t flip their phones during viewing horizontal videos on their phones, which proves that vertical videos win under any condition.
1- Filmora Pro (Software Program)
If you are searching for an easy-to-use and professional tool at the same time to transfer the width and height of your horizontal video to a vertical size, Filmora Pro is perfect for yous; it’s the best professional video editing software to accomplish this mission, providing wide support for different formats as well as different niches at your choice.
1. Install Filmora and import the video to the media library.
2. Drag the video to the timeline.
3. From File, choose Project Settings.
4. Input “1080” for width and “1920” for height.
5. Preview the video and check its size.
6. Choose the required exporting format among: mp4, avi for Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo.
7. Click export, and enjoy the successful result!
Pros and cons:
Filmora Pro isn’t complicated like the other video editing systems; it supplies you with an intuitive user interface. In addition, it offers you many powerful features, such as; editing the video’s bitrate and aspect ratio, adding over 300 effects, color editing, professional audio editing and mixing, etc. Furthermore, you can use it to share your video on YouTube without having to download it.
On the other hand, it takes a long time to export your video from Filmora, and it will be exported with a watermark if you are using your free trial, and you have to know that if you want to enjoy many audio and text additions in Filmora, you will need time to download them first.
2- Kapwing (Online Website)
Nowadays, there are over 10.57 billion mobile connections around the world, which exceeds the current number of the world population by more than 2.64 billion, and taking into consideration that videos are heavily used through platforms and websites that depend mainly on internet network, we chose the second tool to be an online website that finishes your conversion mission easily without downloading a program or app, actually you don’t even need to download the video itself with Kapwing!
1. Visit the Kapwing website.
2. Click on the “Resize video” icon located on the homepage.
3. Press the add media (+) button on the timeline.
4. Copy your video’s URL then paste it in the media box, or browse it in your Google drive.
5. Drag the video to the timeline carefully.
6. Select the 9:16 aspect ratio, and manually resize your horizontal video.
7. Click on the Export project green button at the top of the timeline.
8. Pick the required resolution and format.
9. Wait till the exporting is finished and download the video.
Pros and cons:
Although Kapwing is a magic solution to transfer your horizontal video to the vertical size without downloading it, it takes extra time to finish this entirely online process, especially during exporting. Moreover, it supports importing media from your device’s gallery.
Despite the amazing transitions, effects, audio editing options, and different text styles that can be used in Kapwing compared to other websites that provide the same service, it also has its irremovable own watermark until you upgrade your account.
3- InShot (Mobile Application)
In 2016, there were only 3.668 billion smartphone users, representing 49.40% of the world’s population. Today, there are 6.567 billion smartphone users in the world, which means that 83.72% of the global population own these technical devices, using them to communicate, entertain, and work. That’s why we chose a mobile application to be our third and last conversion tool.
There are many mobile applications that can help you not only with converting landscape videos to portrait ones but also with editing and mixing your videos, so why InShot? Indeed, we recommend InShot today because it does the conversion quickly and simply. In addition to that, it’s available on both the App Store and Google Play with more than 500 million downloads and a very high rate (more than 4.5/5).
1. Download InShot from the Google Play or App Store.
2. Open the app and choose Video.
3. Import the landscape video from your gallery into the timeline.
4. Tap on the Canvas icon in the timeline and set 9:16 for the aspect ratio.
5. Zoom in on the video until you reach a suitable size.
6. Click on Save at the top of the screen to set the required resolution and frame rate.
7. Congratulations! Now you can download your video.
Pros and cons:
The most important property of InShot app is that it offers you many types of vertical videos to suit the various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Snapchat), but unfortunately, the exported videos are a little bit downloaded with low resolution, so if you decide to use this app, try to import a high-resolution video.
Finally, good news time! Unlike the previous tools, you can remove the watermark for free if you used InShot by watching a video, which is a stunning solution to have a professional video as much as possible.
Briefly, the future of marketing and brand storytelling is definitely with vertical videos, so we offer you today three unique tools that help you transfer any horizontal video to the vertical size to cope with the vertical trend!